Please share our adoption profile!

Please share our adoption profile and email us with any questions, comments,and feedback!


nauvoob@gmail.com

mlcrownover@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

(This post is actually from a month ago, but I forgot to hit "publish".....).

Since meeting Melvin, I have (slowly) become a fan of Tom Petty fan.  

(Side note: Melvin really likes both Petty and Bob Dylan.  I can't staaaaaaaaand Bob Dylan.  Lyrically, he's great.  But vocally.... I'm just not a fan of that voice, sorry!).  

It seems like our theme song right now is "The Waiting is the Hardest Part" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - The Waiting):

"The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part"

Granted, he's singing to a woman and it's kind of a love song, but that line, "You take it on faith, you take it to the heart. The waiting is the hardest part" really does, well, sing to me.

We knew going into the adoption process that waiting was a part of it.  No one can predict how long the "wait time" will be, and no one lied to us about it and I appreciate that; our caseworker, friends of ours who have adopted, and even birth parent friends, have all told us that every situation is different and unique, and so you can't calculate a wait time.

And up to this point in the process, "the waiting is the hardest part"...But worth it. : )

I recently came across an adoption blog of a couple that, in their process to adopt, hit some bumps along the way.  Reading their story and everything that they have experienced, coupled with their joy at being adoptive parents, reassured me of the joy that comes from becoming a family through the process of adoption.  Check it out!
 


http://ldsadoptioncouples.blogspot.com/2009/10/adoption-success-story-importance-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment